Monday, June 21, 2010

Bascon Café: Your Own Little Place


When I was younger, I used to dream about cafes in Europe, small and cozy with some outdoor chairs and tables for some who'd like to stay out there. :) There has always been such a romantic and homey feel to it.

they've got a high chair for your baby too! :)
The closest one to this, that I have found, is Bascon Cafe (along C. L. Montelibano Street, which is their original branch). The moment you step inside the glass door, everything is about 3 to 5 steps away from each other. This is what I like about the place. It is a quaint little place where I can have my pasta, salad, and iced tea without the noise and the stress.

I've always been picky when it comes to pesto pasta, and this is one of the two places that I would like to have some. They also have many desserts ranging from bite size ones such as cupcakes and muffins, to mini cakes, and regular sized cakes. My favorites are still their lemon meringue pie and their natilla. They make excellent cinnamon rolls too – my favorite is the orginial one and blueberry – it goes very well with coffee!

Their other branch (the one along Lacson Street) opens at 6:00am in time for breakfast. They serve traditional Filipino breakfast and international ones as well. From time to time, they have new additions to their menu and it makes it something to look forward to. Bascon Café has really nice staff – very friendly and accommodating. It's not for anything, but I still love going to their original branch. It has a homier feel for me.
Plus, the staff there is always very pleasant. Looking from the sidelines, you can see them smile and serve as though they just want to do it. It adds to the nice ambience of the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment